Just 8 Ingredients can make this wonderful eggless cake:
Milk Maid - 1 tin (400 gms)
White Butter or Unsalted Butter - 1 1/4 cups (175 Grams)
Milk - 1 1/2 cup (300ml)
Powdered Sugar - 3 Tb. spoon
Maida (Refined Flour/Plain Flour) - 250 Grams (2 1/2 cup)
Soda - bi-carb - 1 tsp levelled
Baking Powder - 2tsp level
Vanilla Essence - 2 Tsp.
1. Firstly preheat your oven to 150 degrees for around 10-15 minutes.
2. Sift maida along with soda-bi-carb and baking powder. Keep it aside.
3. Mix sugar and butter in a pan and beat until it has a fluffy texture and becomes light. Imp point.
4. Add Milk maid and mix well with butter and sugar mixture.
5. Now add milk followed by the vanilla essence.
6. Lastly add maida gradually beating well after each addition.
7. Finally beat the whole mixture really well for about 5 minutes till it's smooth and light. It should have a soft dropping consistency.
8. Now grease and dust the round cake tin with maida & pour the cake batter in it.
9. Smooth the top, pushing the mixture backwards from the centre to make a slight depression in the centre.
10.Bake it for around an hour in the pre-heated oven at 150 degrees.
11. Check with the knife at the highest point of the cake.
12. Once done, switch off the oven and leave the cake inside for 5 more minutes.
13. Take out the cake and let it settle for another 10 minutes at room temperature.
14. Remove the cake from the tin on your cake platter.
15. Serve hot/cold.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Just 8 Ingredients can make this wonderful eggless cake:
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
It a perfect mushroom green peas mix Veggie
- Mushroom - 1 packet /200 grams
- Green peas - 1 Cup (shelled)
- Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Kasoori Methi (Fenugreek Leaves) - 1 Tbsp
For the paste 1, you wud need the following Ingredients:
- Onions- 2 Nos.
- Green Cardamoms - 2 Nos
- Laung (Cloves) - 2 Nos.
- Saunf (Fennel) - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi) - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - 3 Tbsp
For the paste 2, you wud need the following Ingredients:
- Tomatoes - 3 Nos. cut into 4 pieces
- Dahi (Yogurt) - 1/2 cup
- Salt - 1 1/4 tsp
- Laal Degi Mirch - 1/2 tsp/ or red chilli powder
- garam masala - 1/2 tsp
- Chop the mushrooms into 4 pieces each
- Put 2 tbsp oil, ginger-garlic paste and mushrooms in Kadhai. Saute on slow flame and add mushrooms to it and sute them for another 5 minutes and keep aside.
- Grind all the ingredients of paste 1 in a mixer and make a smooth paste
- Grind all the ingredients of paste 2 in a mixer for a fine smooth paste.
- Put paste 1 in the kadhai and cook for 7 to 10 minutes until cooked and leaves the oil on top
- Now add paste 2 to the above paste along with kasoori methi and cook for another 8-10 minutes.
- Mix 2 cups of water and peas and let it cook for 10 more minutes on medium flame
- Finally add the mushrooms and cook for another 5-8 minutes and serve hot.
- Chicken wings -12 Nos. made into lollipops
- Soya Sauce- 2 Tbsp
- Ginger - Garlic paste - 1 Tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder/paste - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper Crushed - 1/4 tsp
- Salt -3/4 tsp
- Oil for deep frying
For Batter (Mix together)
- Egg- 1 No.
- Corn flour - 1 tbsp
- Salt, Pepper, Orange red colour - 1/4 tsp each
- Marinade the chicken wings with soya sauce, ginger garlic paste, chilli paste, pepper, salt for about 3 hours. Store in refrigerator.
- at the time of serving, mix all the ingredients of the batter.
- Heat oil in a wok/kadhai. Dip the chicken wings in the batter and fry in medium hot oil till golden and crisp.
- serve hot wings with chilli sauce.
It makes an excellent snack for the parties
1. Chicken- cut into 8 pieces (around 700 to 800 gram broiler)
2. Soya Sauce - 3 Tbsp
3. Worcestershire Sauce - 2 Tbsp
4. Tomato ketchup - 1 1/2 Tbsp
5. Crushed Black Pepper Coarse - 1/2 tsp
6. Salt to taste or 1/4 tsp
7. Crushed Garlic - 1 tbsp
8. 8 & 8 Sauce - 1 Tbsp
1. First marinate the chicken pieces with all the ingredients mentioned above for 10 to 15 min. Mix well.
2. Then heat 4 Tbsp cooking oil in the pressure cooker and pick up the chicken pieces from the marinade and slowly add to the oil. Leave the excess marinade behind in the bowl.
3. Then stir fry the chicken pieces on a high heat until brown on both the sides.
4. While frying keep them spread out or apart. Do not overlap the pieces.
5. Lower the heat, add 1/2 cup of water (100ml) and left over marinade in it. Give two whistles in the cooker. Remove from the heat immediately after the second whistle.
6. Then drop the pressure by putting cold water on the lid of the cooker. Finally dry the excess liquid by keeping it on fire.
7. Serve hot.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
raw jackfruit (kathal), 1½ inch cubes
½ kilogram rice, soaked
1½ cups Salt to taste
green cardamoms 4
black cardamoms 3
one-inch sticks cinnamon 2
oil + to deep fry 3 tablespoons
onions, thinly sliced 4 medium
caraway seeds (shahi jeera) ½ teaspoon
ginger paste 1 tablespoon
garlic paste 1 tablespoon
turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
roasted cumin powder 1 teaspoon
coriander powder 2 teaspoons
chilli powder 2 teaspoons red
tomatoes, chopped 3 medium
yogurt, whisked 1½ cups
chopped fresh coriander leaves 2 tablespoons
saffron strands 5-6
milk 2 tablespoons
garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
fresh mint leaves, hand torn 10-12
kewra water 1 tablespoon
1.Drain and parboil rice in six cups of water adding a little salt and two green cardamoms, two black cardamoms, cloves and one stick of cinnamon. Drain when parboiled. Refresh in cold water and drain again.
2 Heat sufficient olive oil in a kadai and deep-fry jackfruit cubes. Drain and place on absorbent paper and set aside. Deep-fry half the onions in the same oil till golden brown and crisp. Drain and place on absorbent paper and set aside.
3.Heat three tablespoons of olive oil in a deep thick bottom pan. Add caraway seeds and remaining green cardamoms, black cardamom and crushed cinnamon. Add remaining onions and sauté for a while. Add ginger paste, garlic paste and continue to sauté. Add turmeric powder, roasted cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and tomatoes. Continue to sauté for two to three minutes. Add fried jackfruit and stir. Add yogurt, salt and coriander leaves.
4 Dissolve saffron in lukewarm milk and set aside.
5.Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
6.Take a large bowl, arrange half of the jackfruit mixture in it. Over this spread a layer of rice. Sprinkle saffron milk, garam masala powder, a few mint leaves and a few drops of kewra water. Arrange the rest of the jackfruit mixture. Cover with rice. Garnish with fried onions, a few mint leaves and remaining kewra water. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for about twenty to twenty five minutes.
7.Serve hot with a raita of your choice.
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Prawns/Shrimps 200 grams
Black grapes 8-10
Red grapes 8-10
Green grapes 8-10
Salt to taste
Honey ½ cup
Balsamic vinegar ¾ cup
Red chilli flakes 1 teaspoon
Oil 2 tablespoons + to grease
1.shell, wash and de-vein prawns.
2.skewer the prawns and grapes onto a skewer in the following order: first black grape, prawn, red grape and finally green grape.
3.Season with salt and cook on an oiled grill.
4.Heat a pan and add honey. Add salt and balsamic vinegar and mix well.
5.Add red chilli flakes, mix and set aside.
6. Baste the prawns with a little oil and turn around so that they get cooked evenly all round.
7.Once ready, place the prawns and grapes on a platter. Pour the sauce over and serve hot.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
just combine the above three ingredients in a mixer and put kesar strands and almond flakes and just freeze
ya its that simple it is just amazing no cooking required and just takes two minutes of can opening time and two more minutes to mix all of them together and say freeze
super hit desi kulfi is ready to serve and top it with faluda [boil rice vermicelli and soak in sugar syrup] and desi kulfi faluda is ready
dedicated and discovered specially for indian abroad who miss maa ke haath ki kulfi what a perfect substitute
note the ingredients once again
1 can evaporated milk see foto above
1 can milk maid see foto above
1 can presidency fresh cream small carton or nestle cream tinned pack small one
thats it but do leave a comment if u got a gaga review from ur family
cheers and happy cooking oops no cooking just mixing//////